Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Here goes...an official "before" shot...

Well, but first how about the final "after" picture from yesterday! Heh heh - YES, Bernice, we do actually use the breadmaker. I'd just move whatever was in my way just long enought to run the loaf. ?!? WHY ?!? It is SO nice to actually be able to use the counters!! Now to find a cute little countertop lamp so I can repurpose the teddy bear nightlight...



Ok, here you go...oh dear... (blushing...)



BUT, with a little effort, lookie:



In the process of excavating I unearthed three disposable cameras and four rolls of film waiting to be developed. It should be interesting to see how old these really are!

Yes, the bread has a home, but since I'm currently battling sugar/pavement ants I'm leaving that cabinet empty. Check out my funky (formerly ALL white) discolored toaster - I was married in '91 and this still has "made in West Germany" printed on it! I'll be so sad when I have to replace it. I would love to house most/all my appliances in cabinets, but that will take some major purging of cabinets and right now I'm focusing on the visible problems. I'd just like to be able to invite someone in the house and not be horribly embarrassed.

There was one other hot spot to the right of the stove, but I was on a roll yesterday and started clearing it. I have probably only 1/2 hr left and it will be good to go! DH has his own hot spot, but I'm not going near that. After almost 18 years I know to choose my "battles" wisely, lol.

Later today I'll start working on the DR table. I'm not sure I'll get up the nerve to take a "before" picture or not....

Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Good job!! I almost asked if you used the stove. LOL. Ok, I will stop giving you a hard time. Please don't take me wrong, I am just having fun.

    I guess I need to take some pictures but they would be before pictures and I might not ever get finished so I couldn't put the after pictures. :)

    My son has a hot spot in his room. I made him clean it for 5 minutes yesterday. We need to get in there and do it again.

    I got my binder together, well actually I got the binder out yesterday and cleaned it and then put the paper in it today. It was dusty and I wanted it to dry before I put paper in it. I am just using notebook paper now. I will have to go check out the printables.


    Keep up the good work. See ya later.

    ReplyDelete